Reap Renovation Rewards!
When it comes time to sell, it’s important that your home stacks up well against the competition. In order to have it look its best, renovations are sometimes necessary.
The key to generating a decent return on your investment is to renovate in line with other homes in your area. Here are a few tips to keep in mind if you’re thinking of renovating:
1. Get Cracking – The kitchen will often yield the greatest return on investment. A welcoming kitchen that’s functional and up-to-date will be very attractive to buyers.
2. Clean Up – The bathroom is the second most important room in the home in terms of valuation so renovating an existing bathroom or installing an additional one pays off.
3. Landscaping – Adding a few perennials is an easy way to improve your home’s curb appeal. A few well-placed trees and shrubs will reduce utility costs by providing shade and shelter.
Homeowners should try to achieve a balance between their individual wants/needs and by making sure they don’t pour money down the drain. Improvements should be an investment, not an expense.
The Pillar to Post Difference
- The Pillar To Post Inspection Report is generated on site at the completion of the inspection, so your client won’t have to wait for the results.
- All Pillar To Post inspectors carry E&O insurance to protect you, the referring agent.
- Three different Home Inspection Packages to choose from that allow your client to select the range of services they prefer – click here to learn more.
- As North America’s leading home inspection company, Pillar To Post is committed to providing the highest quality service to real estate professionals and their clients.
Certified Home Inspector
License # 106-936